About the Role
To develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives. Assess and record progress and prepare pupils for examinations. By linking pupils' knowledge to earlier learning and developing ways to encourage it further, and challenging and inspiring pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
• Being responsible for the excellent progress and achievement of pupils.
• Carrying out such other associated duties as are reasonably assigned by the Head of Arabic & Islamic Studies (HoAI).
• Being responsible to the HoAI for his/her teaching duties and responsibilities and for teaching tasks and may be responsible for the supervision of the work of classroom assistants relevant to his/her responsibilities.
• Interacting on a professional level with colleagues and seeking to establish and maintain productive relationships with them and promoting mutual understanding of the school curriculum with the aim of improving the quality of teaching and learning in the school.
• Being a positive role model in terms of behaviour, work and attitudes
• Cultivating and promoting love for Islam and Islamic values within pupils
• Taking responsibility for the progress of pupils in Arabic, across the school
• Teaching, according to their educational needs and the school’s and MoE's Islamic curriculum, the pupils assigned to them, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the pupil at school or elsewhere
• Setting clear targets and goals for teaching the Islamic values on a weekly basis and working with staff to extend the implementation with in the classroom environment
• Organising extra-curricular activities related to the Islamic events and holidays.
• Planning for progression across the age and ability range you teach, designing effective lessons/programmes of work in accordance with the needs of individual learners
• Teaching challenging, well organised lessons, using an appropriate range of teaching strategies which meet individual learners’ needs
• Using an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives and monitoring learners’ progress and levels of attainment
• Providing timely, accurate and constructive feedback on learners’ attainment, progress and areas for development
• Advising and working collaboratively with the Head of Arabic & Islamic and others on the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
• Provide robust subject leadership for the teaching of Islamic Studies at the school, in association with and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this area
• Coordinating activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area.
• Flexibility in teaching Islamic, Arabic and Social Studies classes
Previous experience teaching in schools, particularly young kids aged under 12 years old is required to apply (minimum 2 years).
A qualification specialised in teaching Arabic or Islamic studies is highly looked upon and preferable.
Has excellent knowledge of Islamic Subjects and believes and acts according to the Islamic values.
Good communication skills to effectively deliver lessons
Can use ICT/ computer within the curriculum
Excellent classical Arabic language skills
Satisfactory English skills
The school will conduct interviews with applicants via Zoom and reserves the right to offer an ideal candidate for the position before the closing date.
About the Company
Our British curriculum school, Bahlool British School in Baghdad is looking for creative, passionate and outstanding staff who value professional development opportunities and a good work-life balance. We expect our Educators to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing our students. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse our students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment.
As such we are seeking a professional who is able to not only ensure high academic standards, but also, who can drive wider initiatives both in and outside the confines of the classroom. You will join and be supported by a successful and highly creative faculty with exacting standards. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow with the department to help it to become a leading area of school life.