About the Role
• In consultation with her/his line manager and the Headteacher prepare the school’s annual budget and review and update as necessary.
• Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget, and produce monthly reports for the Directors, Headteacher and the Finance Committee.
• Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with the governmental financial regulations and shall prepare accounts for submission to the school’s auditors.
• Assist in the preparation for the annual audit, liaising with all parties involved.
• Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school’s debit or credit card/s, completing monthly
reconciliations and reporting banking errors to her/his line manager.
• Ensure that the school’s finance policy is reviewed and updated as necessary and that the school meets all financial requirements of the financial regulators
• Assist in the preparation of accurate tax accounting and payment so that tax papers are submitted as required.
• Be responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
• Be responsible for the completion of the school’s payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, new starter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines.
• Monitor the payment of salaries by the school’s payroll provider, liaising with the provider as required.
• Be responsible for the placement of orders ensuring they are processed through the school’s computerised finance accounting package.
• In conjunction with the nominated staff members, scrutinise and attend to the payment of all invoices and statements of account.
• Carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information.
• Co-ordinate and maintain a list of approved contractors and suppliers to ensure best value.
• Manage, negotiate and monitor all contracts, leases and relationships with external contractors.
• Advise the Board of Directors and its committees as required.
Manage budgets, logistics and events or meetings.
Handle scheduling, record-keeping and reporting.
Ensure the school complies with relevant laws and regulations.
Develop and run educational programs.
Hire, train and advise staff.
Counsel students when needed.
Resolve conflicts and other issues.
Communicate with parents, regulatory bodies and the public.
Have a hand in the creation of the school curriculum.
Implement actions that improve the school and the quality of education (e.g. building renovations, new guidelines for students, new subjects).
Help shape and uphold the vision of the school.
Use the accounting software provided by the school.
Minimum 2 years’ experience
A certification in accountancy
Clear spoken and written English language.
Strong ICT Skills + good use accountancy software
Strong literacy skills
Able to produce financial statements, watch budgets and control accounts
Able to work autonomously
Good at time management
Can speak English at a good level
About the Company
Our British curriculum school, Bahlool British School in Baghdad is looking for creative, passionate and outstanding staff who value professional development opportunities and a good work-life balance. As such we are seeking a professional who is able to not only ensure high working standards, but also, who can drive wider initiatives both in and outside the confines of the office. You will join and be supported by a successful and highly creative staff with exacting standards. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow with the department to help it to become a leading area of school life.